Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 08 Aug 2022 08:51:37 GMT by HMRC Admin 17


Lost InGlobe,
As you are stating you were UK resident for the year, the foreign income needs to be declared to the UK and tax paid on it  .

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 08 Aug 2022 08:55:50 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Foreign tax credit relief is in respect of actual tax that has been deducted in another country that can be used to reduce any
UK tax liability for the same income.

If no actual tax has been deducted in the foreign country then foreign tax credit relief doesnt apply.

See guidance at :

Tax on foreign income    .

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 09 Aug 2022 10:25:40 GMT by HMRC Admin 17


Claudia Claudia ,

When you log into your online account and access Self Assessment, there should be an option to complete your tax return.

If you are unable to see this, you would need to contact our Self Assessment helpline who can help you navigate the account.

See link:

Self Assessment: general enquiries .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.