Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 09 Sep 2022 17:29:10 GMT by Stinine
Howdy, I'm having to fill out a self assessment registration for the first time and a little unsure how to accurately fill it in. I receive RSU's and stock options from my company but its on a US stock market, the tax has been paid via PAYE by the company so would that be counted as foreign income? and if so, I assume the date of the vesting cycle that year is the correct date? Also as this caused me to go over the 100k I assume I just need to put in the date where I went over?
Posted Tue, 13 Sep 2022 13:48:08 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

As it has already been declared as part of your PAYE income, it is unlikley that you need to declare it anywhere else. You can see guidance here:

Tax when you sell shares

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.