Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 11 Nov 2023 16:34:06 GMT by
HMRC Admin, I am a HK permanent resident and havev been approved to receive rental income with no tax deducted per the NRL Scheme from Jan 23, I have never filed any tax returns previously. However, I could not register a Government Gateway account for proceeding Self-Assessment Online in order to compelte my tax return timely. My questions are: - Although HMRC has already advised my UTR, how can I register a Government Gateway account without National Insurance Number & UK Postcode and compelte Self-Assessment online? - Is it the only way for me to obtain SA100 Form hadcopy from HMRC and complete my tax return on paper going forward please? Thank you.
Posted Wed, 15 Nov 2023 10:55:38 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You can register for an individual account here:

HMRC online services: sign in or set up an account

Where it is not possible to verify your identity, your only recourse is to submit a paper tax return, SA100, with supplementary pages SA105, proprty income and SA109, residence.  

You can find the tax return and supplementary pages here:

Self Assessment tax return forms

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.