Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 12 Apr 2022 13:56:40 GMT by Saman Azad
Hi, This is my second year working as a subcontractor for a large telecommunications contractor. Last year, I had an accountancy agency file my taxes as I was unsure of the procedure. I would like to file them myself this year and save the £300 which I paid to the agency to file my taxes. I already have a UTR number and NI number as well as my total income and taxes paid to hand. What I am confused about is when I log in to my government gateway I am asked to fill out a form which registers me as a sub-contractor, it says that the reply time for this is within 35 days. Is this something which I need to do in order to file my return? I would have thought that as my taxes were filed last year for the same job, I would already be registered. Please let me know if I am doing something wrong. Thanks in advance
Posted Tue, 12 Apr 2022 14:36:59 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

You can complete the Self Assessment if you are not registered, however we may not be able to issue a repayment if we can't verify the deductions.

You can check if you are registered by contacting our CIS helpline :

Construction Industry Scheme: general enquiries    .

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 13 Apr 2022 10:03:57 GMT by Faiza Shah
Hi I am not sure that either my gateway id is verified or not. As I have made multiple ids mistakenly.How can i check this please
Posted Thu, 14 Apr 2022 16:05:19 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi Faiza Shah

If you are having issues with your login details you will need to contact our Online Services Helpdesk.

Do you need technical support with HMRC online services?



You must be signed in to post in this forum.