Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 04 Jan 2024 00:34:40 GMT by
I have Foreign dividend income of £820 from a company in Bermuda. No tax was paid on this income. I also have UK dividend income of £346. When I fill in my self assessment , the £820 is doubled to £1640 in my calculation. Surely this is an error? How do I correct it?
Posted Wed, 10 Jan 2024 18:03:44 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Philtax,
If you have foreign dividends of less than £2000 then you can include the foreign dividends in box 6 of page TR7 of SA100.
You do not need to declare the dividends in the foreign section.
Please tick 'yes' to the question "Did you receive any dividends, for example, from UK companies, authorised unit trusts, open-ended investment companies, foreign companies (up to £2,000)?" on page 2 of 3, when tailoring your online return, to enter dividends when filling in your return.
It's possible you have duplicated the dividends, perhaps in the foreign section.
Thank you. 
Posted Wed, 10 Jan 2024 22:52:52 GMT by
that worked tx

You must be signed in to post in this forum.