Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 19 Jan 2022 14:56:47 GMT by Gooddoglife
So according to the Check Employment Status Tool, when I was working for a company I was an Off-pay roll employee. I held this status for April and May 2021. Then I became a PAYE employee from June 2021 - November 2021 wherein I left the company I was then a freelancer for one company only from December 2021 to April 2022 Nowhere on my return is the option to give dates or multiple states of employment When I was an off-payroll employee tax, NI etc were not paid for me. I invoiced the company and they paid me. There is no option for me to input how much I earned, that was not taxed, for the months April - May 2021. NOTHING makes sense. How do I input multiple employments in the year? How do I input my untaxed income for the months I was an Off-payroll employee?
Posted Wed, 19 Jan 2022 15:51:04 GMT by HMRC Admin 2
Hi,

Employee work will be added on the employment section of the return. You can add more than one employment in that section.

Any freelance work would either be classed as self employed or other income and would then be entered in the relevant section.

You can also contact us for further help with the return

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 19 Jan 2022 16:11:15 GMT by Gooddoglife
Thank you. I think I'm starting to understand it now!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.