Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 28 Dec 2022 15:06:43 GMT by doubele
After registering on gov gateway and logging in I see I have a business tax account and self assessment utr with late filings dating back to 2008! But I've never registered self employed or self assessment and never earned any income outside of PAYE, I've always been PAYE and taxed at source. I now have a K tax code and I phoned hmrc but they told me to contact debt management though they aren't open currently. But I will contact them once they're open However, how do I correct this and where can I appeal/dispute as I'm not sure how I could of amassed such a large debt when I've NEVER earned a penny or worked as self employed before.
Posted Tue, 03 Jan 2023 17:05:36 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Our Self Assessment helpline can tell you why you were put into Self Assessment.
If we are not able to cancel the returns you will need to complete them and appeal against the penalties after filing the returns.
Self Assessment: general enquiries

You must be signed in to post in this forum.