Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 05 Jan 2022 10:52:35 GMT by Andrew White
I have registered to fill in a self assessment for the period 6 April 2020 to 5 April 2021 for income from housing. I have setup a HMRC Portal account and submitted a SA1 in mid December. I got no email confirmation regarding SA1 submission (i did get a rejection email when my first application was returned as incomplete but nothing after 2nd). I'm aware i missed the registration deadline, but how do i progress? The time period still shows as nothing to pay in the portal 'You paid the right amount of Income Tax for 6 April 2020 to 5 April 2021'. I can't find anywhere to open or submit the SA100 in the portal. I can see the SA100 doc to fill in and post, but it encourages you in the wording to do it online? Another part of the HMRC website also mentions a UTR being sent in the post within 10 working days. Is this sent to everyone or only if you opt for postal submission? Thanks in advance.
Posted Wed, 05 Jan 2022 11:57:08 GMT by chimbonga
Same here, received a letter for possible tax on the 6/12, filled out SA1 twice 14/12 & 4/1 still no confirmation or UCR number. Called the number on the letter and told nothing is showing up, then got passed to someone else and they are saying there's no indication that i've filled in and sent the SA1 - which is a bit worrying :-), they also said it could take up to 6 weeks to receive the UCR number (which should be 10 days). Six weeks will put me past the dealine of 31/1 to actually pay the tax! Passed over to someone else now and been on hold for the last 25mins so this isn;t going too well at the moment..
Posted Wed, 05 Jan 2022 17:29:58 GMT by chimbonga
..ok, finally got through on the phone after approx. 30mins and they confirmed there was no sign of the x2 SA1's I'd completed online. They completed it manually their end and said all should go through with a UCR within 10days. Had to call 0300 200 3310 to get it sorted. Notes updated on my account just in case there's any further delays. HTH.
Posted Thu, 06 Jan 2022 15:41:49 GMT by HMRC Admin 2
Hi Andrew White,

You will receive a letter through the post,

However, if you keep checking your online account, you will be able to view a Self Assessment section and your UTR once it has been setup.

Thank you.

Posted Fri, 07 Jan 2022 09:52:09 GMT by HMRC Admin 2
Hi chimbonga,

Our normal timescale for processing and issuing a UTR is 10 working days. However it is currently taking longer than that  to process.

If you have registered for the Personal Tax Account you will be able to view a Self Assessment section in the account, once it has been processed.

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 07 Jan 2022 14:05:20 GMT by jackychau
I have registered to fill in a self assessment 2 months ago, But still not yet received any UTR no. ? How can I check my UTR no.?
Posted Mon, 10 Jan 2022 14:22:33 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

You would receive it by post, however if you have signed up for the Personal Tax Account,
if a UTR has been created you can view it on there.

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 28 Nov 2022 12:07:25 GMT by Ryan Gaynor
Good Morning, I have an enquiry regarding my UTR, that I filled in on 29/10/22. My enquiry is to find out how far my information has been processed, as I still have not received my UTR therefore I cannot start work, please can you update me with any information you may have on this as soon as possible so please. As I need to start earning money and paying my taxes. Regards 

[Personal information removed - Admin]
Posted Tue, 29 Nov 2022 17:58:51 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi Ryan Gaynor
Please contact our Self Assessment department to progress chase this as we can't access your record from this forum.
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thankyou.
Regards.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.