Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 27 Jan 2023 07:05:04 GMT by Joe
Hi, I have foreign interest I have to submit for this year self assessment. In the foreign interest section I have added the withholding tax . I also paid stamp duty- can I put that in the tax paid tab of the foreign interest section? Thanks for your help
Posted Wed, 01 Feb 2023 11:16:37 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

The Taxes covered Article in a double taxation agreement (DTA) will specify the foreign taxes which are covered by the agreement. These are normally the taxes which qualify for credit.

The Taxes covered  Article in the relevant DTA will therefore confirm whether or not the Stamp Duty you refer to qualifies for Foreign Tax Credit Relief.                                                 

INTM161260 - UK residents with foreign income or gains: double taxation relief: Taxes covered

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.