Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 14 Jun 2022 15:05:58 GMT by Craig Wright
Hello, I work for a US based tech organisation that award RSUs that vest on a monthly basis. Each month I can see the amount minus withholding on my payslip, but there is no corresponding reference to the withholding as it is paid in the US. Couple of questions if I may: 1.Should I be combining the amounts withheld for the tax year in the US and entering it into the 'Foreign Tax for which credit relief not claimed' box on the 'Other Tax Reliefs' page? 2. Should I be entering the gross amount from RSUs in the tax year and also adding them in the 'Foreign Earnings Not Taxable in the UK field on the same form? On P60 my income is inflated from the RSUs, but the tax amounts to not reflect what was paid in the USA. Guidance gratefully received as don't want to get this one wrong.
Posted Tue, 14 Jun 2022 15:24:02 GMT by Craig Wright
Or do I add in the gross amount of the RSUs converted back into GBP and add it to Foreign Earnings Not Taxable in the UK field as the tax was already withheld in the US on the stock?
Posted Wed, 15 Jun 2022 10:11:32 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

The employment page should hold the total pay and tax deducted as shown on the P60.

As the tax paid on the RSU is not shown on the P60, you can show this as a Foreign Tax Credit on
the foreign section of the tax return. 

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.