Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 19 Jun 2023 16:37:26 GMT by Ka Lo
Hi Sir/Madam, I am sorry to say that I was not aware I had some hardly noticeable saving interests, some of which are less than £1, received in my overseas bank accounts. The interest have been accumulated since Sept 2021, when I became a UK tax resident UK. I did not manage to report that in 2022. From the previous responses in the forum, I understand that any non-dividend foreign income, regardless of the amount, should be reported in self assessment. Assume I have not separated the interests from money that I remitted to the UK, can I ask how should I retrospectively report it and rectify the issue? Thank you very much. Regards, Brian
Posted Thu, 22 Jun 2023 15:38:26 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

You can amend your 21/22 tax return up to 5 April 2024, either online (if submitted online), in a letter or by submitting a revised tax return.  
After that date you will need to advise of the changes in writing.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.