Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 02 Aug 2022 21:52:40 GMT by cadenk
Hello, I am filling out a SA1 Form because I need to get a UTR and apply Split Year Treatment SA109. Would like to check the "When did you start getting this income?" for "Have you been getting taxable foreign dividends in excess of £300 a year or any amount of other taxable income?" I had foreign income (payroll) before I became UK resident . Shall I input the employment start date (before 2021/2022 tax year), or I input 6 April 2021 as the first day of the tax year? Thank you.
Posted Wed, 03 Aug 2022 09:55:06 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

If claiming split year, you will only declare income from the date you arrived in the UK and this will be your start date

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 03 Aug 2022 17:08:43 GMT by cadenk
Thank you for your prompt reply.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.