Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 19 Jan 2022 15:21:28 GMT by Julia
Hi there, I'm trying to get my UTR, but before that I need to register for HMRC taxes. I have been trying to reach an adviser both by phone or chatting online and it seems it is impossible. By phone no matter what options you say to that machine, always win up sending you back to the Gov page. In the chat, I have been waiting for four hours now and "all the advisers are busy at the moment" Has anyone solved a problem using these ways? Should I send a letter? Would There be another way to reach an adviser? Thanks Julia
Posted Thu, 20 Jan 2022 11:49:03 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Julia,

 All the ways to reach our Self Assessment department are here;

Self Assessment: general enquiries

you can also register online

Register for Self Assessment

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 20 Jan 2022 12:52:28 GMT by Julia
Hi, That caused the problem but it was solved eventually. Thank you anyway

You must be signed in to post in this forum.