Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 13 Sep 2022 14:19:01 GMT by Jo Jo
As per title, I need to complete my tax return self assessment but not sure under what section I can claim tax relief for the travel expenses. Thanks
Posted Wed, 14 Sep 2022 10:35:27 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

If you are self employed, you will include them in the expenses section, If you are employed under PAYE they will be claimed in there.

If filing online, you need to answer yes to claiming expenses at the employment details for another box to open .

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 14 Sep 2022 10:45:57 GMT by Jo Jo
Hi, Thanks for the prompt answer. In my case would be claimed under PAYE as I`m employed and yes I`m filling it online. Is there any image or screenshot showing exactly where need to be claimed? Apologise for the silly question, but want make sure I do it properly with no mistake Many Thanks
Posted Fri, 16 Sep 2022 11:05:50 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Jo Jo,

No screen shot available.
When you are in the employment section at the bottom of the page, you are asked - Do you wish to claim any employment expenses or capital allowances while working for .... you will answer yes here and others box will then appear on the next page for you to then claim the relevant expenses.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.