Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 19 Jul 2022 08:24:55 GMT by Kelly Martin
I have recently registered at Self Employed Sole trader. Just in the last month. I am reading and re-reading and feeling a bit overwhelmed by it all and as a result worrying that I may not be doing things write. I registered for this as I am between jobs and temping for a company where I bill them every month on an hourly rate. In terms of paying tax and national insurance it looks like I should be putting money away for tax which I would then pay next year. What about National Insurance though - should I not be paying this every month or does that also get calculated and paid next year when I submit self assessment. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Posted Tue, 19 Jul 2022 11:52:15 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

You will need to make sure you have registered to pay Class 2 National Insurance and if so, this will be incorporated
into your calculation at the end of the year.

You can telephone 0300 200 3500 to register if not already done so  .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.