Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 04 Dec 2022 11:04:52 GMT by Tammie Wong
Hi, I need to apply split year for the tax. So, I need to send the SA109 - split year form by post before 31 October 2022 ? If yes and I forgot to send out the form before 31 October 2022. What can I do ?
Posted Tue, 06 Dec 2022 15:49:44 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

You can still send it in late but you may be charged penalties   .

Thank you. 
Posted Thu, 08 Dec 2022 11:43:25 GMT by Tammie Wong
Can I use 3rd party software to send it via on-line ? Any penalties of it ?
Posted Thu, 08 Dec 2022 17:59:51 GMT by Tammie Wong
If I am the non-Uk resident, received the rental from UK property. Which form I should fill in, thanks.
Posted Fri, 09 Dec 2022 15:14:46 GMT by
Hi Tammie Wong,

If you have already filed, you would need to check with the supplier to see if you can submit an amendment.

It may not allow this and you would need to send in a paper form.

Thank you

Posted Mon, 12 Dec 2022 14:20:02 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

A non UK resident individual who is in receipt of income from UK property, is considered a non resident landlord. This is criteria for completing a Self Assessment tax return.  

The paper tax returns is SA100, Property income is SA105 and Residence is SA109.  

To submit a tax return online as a non UK resident, means that you will need to be able to verify your identity, and purchase HMRC approved 3rd party commercial software.  

You can choose from the choices at

Self Assessment commercial software suppliers

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.