Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 06 Jul 2022 10:24:30 GMT by Paul Callaghan
I had to complete a self assessment form due to claiming child benefit as a high earner but now my job has changed and I am no longer a high earner. I am being emailed advising that I am being charged for a late submission and now also a daily £10 charge is being applied. I contacted HMRC to advise the change of circumstances back in January 2022 yet I have not heard anything.. Can anyone help? I cannot get through to HMRC as I am constantly on hold.
Posted Thu, 07 Jul 2022 13:07:38 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Paul Callaghan,

If the record has not been closed you will need to speak with our Self Assessment department, our helplines are busy at the moment however the lines are quieter if you can call before 10am
Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.