Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 25 Mar 2022 04:35:12 GMT by Eamonn Andrews
I am trying to register my wife for self assessment as we share our rental income from a house in the UK and she must pay some tax on it now in the future. She has a national insurance number and received today a unique government tax id in the post. She has a UK passport and a bank account in the UK with a debit card only. However she cannot register online still as the form asks for a UK postcode, a credit card or a UK telephone contract etc. and driving licence etc.How can she register online for self assessment please without a UK postcode or UK credit card or telephone contract but with the other items above.
Posted Fri, 25 Mar 2022 15:08:44 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Eamonn Shryane,

Please contact our Online Services Helpdesk:

Self Assessment: online services

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 28 Mar 2022 13:34:45 GMT by Eamonn Andrews
Cannot get through to your helpdesk, Bit frustrating. Just simple question can you register for self assessment without a UK postcode?. It appears not. Is this right? I have Nat Insur number , unique tax id etc but I live abroad so no uk postcode or UK telephone contract.
Posted Tue, 29 Mar 2022 10:32:53 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

You will not be able to register without a UK postcode.

To register you will need to complete our fill in and print form :

Register for Self Assessment    .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.