Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 17 Apr 2023 15:11:14 GMT by Alonsolwy
Hi, I am a hongkonger. I arrived Uk by bno visa for One year and three months. I had applied remittance basis for my taxation. I recently received my Hong Kong provident fund. I want to remit part of the fund to Uk . Do I need pay tax on the remitted fund? Best regards
Posted Tue, 25 Apr 2023 11:37:33 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

This pension is only taxable in Hong Kong and should not be declared in your UK tax return.

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 16 May 2023 20:22:04 GMT by Alonsolwy
Hi I am a Hong konger. I arrived Uk for one and half year by bno . I have rental income from Hong Kong and I also have rental income in Uk. Since I apply remittance basis for taxation . Do I need to report my rental income from Hong Kong.
Posted Tue, 23 May 2023 13:48:42 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

If you are remitting any of the income from Hong Kong, yes.

Please see:

Paying tax on the remittance basis (Self Assessment helpsheet HS264)

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.