Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 06 Oct 2022 11:54:40 GMT by kh2022
Hi, I filled in and submitted the registration form for Self Assessment last night. Today, I received an email from HMRC telling me that the registration form is incomplete and they are unable to process my registration. Then, I signed in my personal tax account of HMRC online services. However, I cannot find my submitted form under "Check Progress" menu. My questions are: 1. How can I update my registration form and then re-submit again? or I need to fill in a new online form again? 2. When I update/fill in my registration form, how can I know that any information is missing from the form? cos no error/warning message was prompted when I submitted the form last night. Some other questions about Self Assessment: 1. Which category of share dividend (from Hong Kong) is classified and to be selected on the registration form? "untax income which cannot be coded in PAYE"? 2. I received alimony from my ex-husband in Hong Kong. Is alimony taxable in UK? Do I need to state alimony in my return note? Thank you.
Posted Mon, 10 Oct 2022 13:27:08 GMT by kh2022
Hi HMRC admin, Could you please help to answer my questions? I am quiet worrying about the my registration of Self Assessment. So, if you know the answers on my Q1 & 2, please give me some hint on how to resolve it first. Many thanks.
Posted Wed, 12 Oct 2022 11:14:36 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

As I mentioned previosuly, you would not need to declare the alimony and you would use the option for income not taxed through PAYE .

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 12 Oct 2022 16:15:08 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi kh2022,

You will need to submit a new form, you will not be able to amend the previous one.
You would choose the option for untaxed income that you mentioned.
You would not declare the alimony on the return.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.