Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 23 May 2022 07:40:21 GMT by Eva Heinen
Hi, I am an UK tax resident. In addition to UK employment, I am also employed in Norway, and agreed to work .15 FTE in the UK and .5FTE in Norway. I was wondering whether I should file this income as employment, foreign, or split this income by the split.
Posted Wed, 25 May 2022 13:39:25 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
This will depend on whether you are working through a UK payroll or not.
If you are working through a Norway payroll then this would be declared on the employment page of a Self Assessment tax return with any tax paid in Norway claimed under the foreign section.
Further guidance can be found here:
Tax on foreign income
Relief for foreign tax paid (Self Assessment helpsheet HS263)

You must be signed in to post in this forum.