Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 27 Nov 2022 18:19:15 GMT by littletiger
Hi there, I wonder if it is allowed to claim previous years' interest eligible for relief on qualifying loans in this year's SA filing. In my case, it is the interest payable from a partnership loan to meet the capital contribution demand from the partnership. I just realised I forgot to claim the relief for past 2 years. Should I write to amend previous SA to factor in this relief or I can just add the previous 2 years' total interest payable to this year's SA? Guidance HS340 does not specify what to do in this scenario. Thanks!
Posted Tue, 29 Nov 2022 11:56:30 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

You cannot claim it this year and will need to submit an amendment under overpayment relief rules
see link :

Self Assessment Manual     .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.