Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 10 Jun 2022 16:05:28 GMT by Johanna Hincapié
I am UK resident. I have worked in Spain for 3 months and I don't know how to declare that income in my UK tax refund. I cannot find the foreign form in the HMRC tax refund website. Could you help me to do it? or show me where I can find it?
Posted Mon, 13 Jun 2022 10:36:08 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

When you complete your online tax return you should answer 'yes' to this question in the 'Tailor Your Tax Return Section' -
''If you received any foreign income, do you need to complete the foreign section''.

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 13 Jun 2022 12:46:09 GMT by Johanna Hincapié
thank you so much for your reply. I have answred yes to the question mentioned. There is no "foreign section" in the putline of my online tax return. Do I need to do this separately or Do I need to include my foreign income in the "Fill in your return" section? In addition, as the work I did in Spain was for the provision of services, I do not have the P60 format and everything is in Euros. What should I do? Sorry, this is the first time I've done this in the UK.
Posted Tue, 14 Jun 2022 08:37:59 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
You need to tailor your return at section 3 to include the foreign inome section.
All income must be declared in sterling. More guidance is available at:
Tax on foreign income

You must be signed in to post in this forum.