Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 02 Feb 2022 21:42:07 GMT by jc1994
Requested a tax refund 4 weeks ago. In the Payments/Credits section it is showing up, dated 31st Jan, allocated to 'Not Yet Used.' What does this mean, why is it saying this, do I have to do anything and when will I get my money? Been on the webchat but he just fobbed me right off and ignored my questions. Can't be bothered to spend hours waiting to speak to someone on the phone only for them to tell me it's just a matter of waiting.
Posted Thu, 03 Feb 2022 12:43:08 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

If the amount is not allocated, then it should be available for repayment.

If it has been 4 weeks and the repayment has not been automatically processed, you would need to contact our Self Assessment team if you have requested the repayment online.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 03 Feb 2022 12:45:55 GMT by Seejuu
An allied aspect. How do you apply for a tax refund? My online filing said I had a refund but had to wait 72 hours before reclaiming. Been back this morning (72 hrs ++) logged in and can only see a facility to pay tax }:-(
Posted Fri, 04 Feb 2022 13:15:10 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Seejuu,

If you are unable to see a repayment pending or credit available for repayment, I would contact our Self Assessment department to look at the poisition.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 04 Feb 2022 14:44:47 GMT by Seejuu
Thanks HMRC Admin 20 for the link.
Posted Sat, 14 May 2022 08:30:08 GMT by Ionut Predoaica
Hello,on the 28th of April i spoke with an hmrc adviser on the web chat and the adviser said that she has issued the tax refund manuually for me.But nothing updated on my SA account,it showing up just NOT YET USED,what this mean?Many thanks in advance
Posted Mon, 16 May 2022 14:06:23 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

We are unable to comment on specific cases as we are unable to access you tax records. 

You can contact your own tax office for a further update on your refund :

Contact HMRC   .

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 24 May 2022 08:54:39 GMT by Ionut Predoaica
I understood that every call could delay the repayment,is that true?
Posted Wed, 25 May 2022 11:02:08 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

It would only delay the repayment if we were making adjustments to the tax year the refund was for.

Thank you.
Posted Sun, 05 Jun 2022 05:14:42 GMT by Ionut Predoaica
Hi, What is mean SURF 1 letter,this letter has been sent to me but i haven't received yet?
Posted Mon, 06 Jun 2022 13:14:37 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

If you have not received the letter, you should contact our Self Assessment department and
we can request a duplicate letter be issued.

See link:

Self Assessment: general enquiries    .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.