Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 26 May 2022 19:05:13 GMT by veroz
My name is Veronica, I'm an Italian citizen. I currently live and would like to work as self-employed in the UK. I have settlement status and all the rights to live and work in the UK. During the process for self assessment registration, in order to validate my identity, the below 3 options are presented to me: 1) Provide a UK Passport number (I have an EU Passport, not UK) 2) Credit reference questions (No problem - I have a bank account and a phone contract) 3) Northern Ireland Driving Licence (I have a European Driving Licence) I am required to select 2 out of 3. I don't have a UK passport or a Northern-Ireland driving license. What's the solution here? (I'm legally allowed to be self-employed, but unable to register to do so) can someone help?
Posted Fri, 27 May 2022 12:03:35 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi veroz

If you are unable to verify with the options provided, you would need to complete the fill in and print form under 'Register by post' to register as Self-Employed.
Register for Self Assessment

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.