Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 05 Mar 2022 11:59:35 GMT by SHV
I have done my self assessment online for over 4 years. I have to do it because I get little dividends from publicly listed shares abroad. I don't currently work in UK, and I don't have personal credit history in UK because I'm just an additional card holder to my partner's credit card. I have been able to use the online self assessment by logging in with the Post Office Verify account. I started using it after creating a Government Gateway account failed due to the identity requirements. Creating the Post Office Verify account succeeded because I had an opportunity to actually visit a Post Office and proof I'm a real person. Now I received a letter from HMRC that after 1st April Verify account will no longer work and I will need to use Government Gateway. I just tried it and I still have the same problem - I don't have UK passport etc. Are there any other options than starting to file my self assessments in paper?
Posted Mon, 07 Mar 2022 11:44:18 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

Once Gov.uk Verify is no longer in use, you will need to file a paper return if you are unable
to verify with the Government Gateway Questions .

Thank you.
Posted Sun, 11 Sep 2022 15:04:39 GMT by ziyad abdalrahman
Hi before I can sign in with post office verification but now its unable.I tried another method with driving licince and phone contract but the same problem. can you help me with that. regards
Posted Tue, 13 Sep 2022 14:13:04 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

The gov.uk verify service is no longer available.

If you are not able to verify using the Government Gateway questions you will not be able to access Self-Assessment online.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.