Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 25 Feb 2022 10:33:18 GMT by peace_purple123
I am an Indian Citizen working in UK with the following Visa over the years 1)ICT Work Permit Visa 2014-2021 (Company transfer from India) 2)Skilled worker Visa 2021-till date. (Permanent job in UK) I was doing self-assessment till 21-22 financial year, was suggested to file for tax return as it was not permanent Can you let me know if I should be closing/canceling my self-assessment as I am a permanent employee? Also, I read we have to send a letter for cancellation? what should be written in the letter, document to be sent along and postal address .
Posted Mon, 28 Feb 2022 12:23:55 GMT by HMRC Admin 18

If you do not meet the criteria for completing the return you should contact our Self Assessment department. You can view our Self Assessment criteria here:

Check if you need to send a Self Assessment tax return

Thank you.


You must be signed in to post in this forum.