Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 16 Jan 2023 12:32:03 GMT by Kwan
I am eligible for split year treatment for the tax year 2021/2022. But I don't need to pay any tax for the UK part of the tax year. Do I still need to file for self-assessment? thank you.
Posted Thu, 19 Jan 2023 15:26:47 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

If you want to apply for split year, yes, a tax return is required as you need to complete the residence section.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.