Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 24 Jan 2023 22:45:30 GMT by Charles. A
is it possible to claim an allowance for costs incurred in following medical advice after work related issues caused a breakdown at work? over the year, whilst on sick leave, i've needed to use my private car more and more to visit various specialists and travelling to different locations across the country.
Posted Thu, 26 Jan 2023 16:29:07 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Charles. A,

You can only claim expenses that are wholly necessarily and exclusively in the performance of your duties and as such the costs you refer to are not allowable.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.