Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 21 Jan 2023 08:16:41 GMT by Mark Kent
Hi as a non resident, can i submit an r43 retrospectively for the last 5 yrs, to claim personal allowance, i have been submitting self assessments for those years, the only income was rental so no paye tax (i didn't realise a non resident could get the personal allowance), and if so when is the deadline for the r43 form and can it be submitted online? Thanks for your help!
Posted Tue, 24 Jan 2023 14:35:12 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Yes, you can use form R43 to retrospectively claim personal allowances for the previous five years.

Full details of submission deadlines etc are provided in the R43 Notes. 

See link:

Guidance notes for form R43(2022)    .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.