Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 09 May 2022 23:19:08 GMT by Tom Heinrich
So last year I had my UTR number hacked, hmrc closed it down and have only just sent me a new one. I recieved a letter on 2nd March explaining this, the letter also said I would receive my repayment from last year 10 days after receiving my new UTR number. Now I have my new UTR number and have filed my tax return for this year. The status of the payment allocation doesn't change and 3 times now I am able to request my repayment. I have rang up and they are saying it us undergoing checks. I must be the unluckiest person ever to get pulled two years in a row.
Posted Wed, 08 Jun 2022 05:49:03 GMT by Madeleine Peregrine
Hi, I am also having trouble with my UTR. I am on an IVA so my UTR was changed. Although no one told me until about a month ago. I have been given a new one and told to make payments and submit my tax returns using this new UTR. However it is not recognised when I try and log in. Still showing my old UTR and tax account. I ended up paying using the automated phone number. However I am panicking as it can’t find my HMRC self assessment account yet I’ve been sent letters and mail telling me to use the new one. Not the old one. I can’t change it on here. I can’t see if my payment has been added to my new account and I can’t ever get through on the phone!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.