Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 24 Aug 2022 01:30:18 GMT by Jon Lynn
I didn't receive a forms packet this year and have determined from my old forms copies that I need an SA100, SA105, SA109, SA101 and one other form. The form which I can't read the number of has Income, Pension, Tax Relief, Charitable givings, Blind Persons Allowance, Student Loans, Married Allowance and Finishing Your Tax Return on it. What is this form number and where can I get it?
Posted Wed, 24 Aug 2022 19:21:07 GMT by estherchan0723
Hi, I have over GBP10,000 saving in bank account and generate some interest. I read through the UK Government webpage and know that I need to file a tax return. I already create an account for self-assessment; however, I can't find where I can file my saving interest. FYI, I arrived UK in early of Aug, this is the first year I created the self-assessment account, I never file any tax return before (except my employer deducted the PAYE, NI...from the salary directly each month). Many thanks!!! Regards, Esther
Posted Thu, 25 Aug 2022 13:16:30 GMT by HMRC Admin 30
Hi Jon Lynn,

Finishing your tax return is page 7 of the SA100. The headings you mentioned are also previous sections on the SA100 which is made up of 8 pages.

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 30 Aug 2022 12:57:49 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi estherchan0723,

You can check our Self Assessment criteria here:.

Check if you need to send a Self Assessment tax return

A return is only required if your savings interest is £10,000 or above each year.

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 30 Aug 2022 23:32:50 GMT by Jon Lynn
I still have a property in the UK. I must file a tax return.
Posted Wed, 07 Sep 2022 07:43:52 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

For detailed information about the tax responsibilities of an overseas resident who has a property in the UK, please refer to the guidance here:                          

Tax on your UK income if you live abroad

Thank you.                                       

You must be signed in to post in this forum.