Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 06 Jun 2022 09:09:33 GMT by pb3000
Hi, I've completed my SA return and I have an underpayment of tax owing. My SA account now states "You have a total of £xxxx becoming due for payment. Your next payment is due on 31 Jan 2023" Can I pay this "becoming due" sum straight away - if I wish - or do I need to wait for the official statement? I believe I read somewhere on the HMRC site that the statement should be issued within 45 days? Finally - If I wish to pay by bank transfer - Should I use HMRC Cumbernauld as the payee account given I do not (yet) have access to the statement/bill? Thank you.
Posted Tue, 07 Jun 2022 12:40:26 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

You can make payment before this date and it would sit on your Self Assessment account until the date it becomes due.

If you are unsure if it should be Shipley or Cumbernauld, you should make the payment to Cumbernauld ensuring that your use your UTR
followed by the letter K as a reference, so that we know where to allocate the payment.

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 07 Jun 2022 21:42:48 GMT by pb3000
Thank you for your response and the information therein. Appreciated.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.