Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 20 Apr 2021 08:53:51 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
Hello Rick86,
It can take up to ten working days for a repayment to be issued.
Unless it has been selected for additional security checks which can take longer.
Thankyou
Posted Tue, 20 Apr 2021 13:46:25 GMT by Claudiu
I submitted my tax return in november.After 2-3 months i saw my repayment got in “bank repayment pending”.I called hmrc on february and they told it will be dealt before 19 april.I called them yesterday and told me to wait one more day.Today i called again and they tell me that I probably should wait 8 more weeks.Why is that?
Posted Thu, 22 Apr 2021 05:15:42 GMT by
Hi my page says repayment pending what dose that mean
Posted Mon, 26 Apr 2021 11:02:02 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

Repayments can be stopped for security checks, most repayments are issued within 10 working days however those selected

for some security checks can take longer.

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 26 Apr 2021 11:03:21 GMT by HMRC Admin 2
Hi Claudiu,

Your repayment may still be going through security checks.

We don't have access to customer accounts on the forum and are not able to provide any further information.

Thank you.​​​
Posted Tue, 27 Apr 2021 09:14:30 GMT by
Why does it sound like we are all in the same boat at these hard times! Why are hmrc doing this considering they know our circumstances during this pandemic. I have submitted my return on the 6th of april and my funds was in my online account to withdraw and now are bank payment pending? When I speak to someone in hmrc all I get is its going through extra security check please don't contact us until 3rd of June! How frustrating! I could really do with this money to help with some of my bills I was unable to cover due to reduced work! I'm sorry I know there's alot of us struggling and we depend on that money but I think hmrc are really taking their time in issuing out payments!
Posted Sun, 11 Jul 2021 17:49:17 GMT by jphilweybr lewis
I managed to get on to Webchat after a few weeks - glory be! My adviser was quite adamant that "bank repayment pending", which was the message I had been receiving for many weeks. simply meant that security checks were being done, and the delay was quite normal in these Covid times. Is there anything else ~I can do.
Posted Tue, 13 Jul 2021 11:06:02 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

We do stop repayments for checks as part of our normal procedures.

When a repayment is stopped it will take longer to be issued.

If we require any further information regarding the repayment you will receive a letter.

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 16 Jul 2021 09:36:20 GMT by
Bank repayment pending since April, not received any letter and not been able to get through to support lines or online agents. Can anyone advise ?
Posted Mon, 19 Jul 2021 11:26:41 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

We can't give any advice on this without viewing your record, you would need to contact our Self Assessment department :

Self Assessment: general enquiries .

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 09 Nov 2021 15:39:09 GMT by
Hi I had a repayment sent back to HMRC because my bank had frozen my account The money was returned back to my account and have had to ask for the repayment again How long will it take to be paid Thanks
Posted Wed, 10 Nov 2021 14:45:32 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
 Hi Fabio riccardo Valenza

If the amount has been returned and you have requested it again, it should be received within 10 working days unless it is stopped for additional checks.

Thankyou.

Regards.
Posted Wed, 15 Dec 2021 14:38:07 GMT by Markruss
My account has been on bank repayment pending for 6 weeks, I have just signed in and was asked for I.d, passport and credit file info. All went through and was accepted. Does that mean I have passed security checks and money will now be released? Thanks.
Posted Wed, 15 Dec 2021 15:46:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi Markruss

If we are doing additional checks on the repayment you should receive a letter if further information is required.

Our Self Assessment department can confirm if further checks are being made.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thankyou.

Regards.
Posted Mon, 21 Feb 2022 23:41:44 GMT by
Hi, "Hi I had a repayment sent back to HMRC because my bank had frozen my account The money was returned back to my account and have had to ask for the repayment again How long will it take to be paid Thanks" Soon will be 2 years im waiting,with similar problem.Numerous chats,paper letter.Loads of promises "will be sorted asap". What should i do?
Posted Tue, 22 Feb 2022 10:58:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

If the bank have confirmed that they have sent this back, you would need to contact our Self Assessment department
if it has still not appeared back on your account and available for repayment:

Income Tax: general enquiries  .

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 22 Feb 2022 20:09:03 GMT by
Hi, Contacted SA department 5-6 times 12/04/2021 "yes we are aware the repayment has been rejected by your bank we send off a referral to look into this " 12/05/2021 " I send paper letter half year ago,and yr colleague confirmed you received it how i can contact your security team? I can see the letter you have previously sent. Unfortunately our security teams can't be contacted directly." 10/06/2021 "This type of situation is usually straight forward but unfortunately we cannot deal with your enquiry over webchat. We need to send another referral for this to be urgently looked into." So my question stays the same .What should i do next? Cant be sorted by webchat, security teams cant be contacted directly, "10/06/2021 can i even call somewhere J: 5:09 PM any departament ***** 5:10 PM I'm sorry but I don't know why this is taking so long. I will make sure to sent another referral to the relevant department who will check there payment."
Posted Wed, 23 Feb 2022 13:43:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi Jurate Matiene

If the repayment is not showing as returned on your Self Assessment account, my colleagues on the helpline will send a referral regarding this for it to be reviewed.

There is no other way for our advisers to contact the security team outside sending a referral. 

Thankyou.

Regards.
Posted Wed, 23 Feb 2022 16:35:10 GMT by
Thats all what im hearing. :( double standards. When ppl owe money HMRC quick to fine them
Posted Wed, 09 Mar 2022 18:08:28 GMT by
Can anyone give me any advice? I submitted my tax return on the 6th April 2021 then I amended it on the 24th July 2021 and iv still not received what I'm owed and it's still saying repayment pending to this day. I keep phoning and all they do is put in a referral then when that date comes they out another referral in I'm still waiting for my money now. Everything I call they can't tell me anything it's disgusting how they have been when people are struggling like myself at the minute!!!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.