Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 09 Jan 2023 14:31:30 GMT by Peter
Hi, I've just filled in my self assessment, and the it's saying I owe an additional ~£4,500, even though I paid tax through PAYE. Looking at the detailed calculation, it looks like my personal allowance hasn't been deducted, so I'm being charged an extra 40% of my PA (since my salary falls into the 40% bracket). Am I supposed to deduct this from the "income from P60" section myself? I don't see any notes on this, or any other section to enter PA or tax code. Thanks, Peter.
Posted Thu, 12 Jan 2023 16:37:27 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

You should receive the full Personal Allowance unless your income is over £100,000. For every £2 you earn above this you lose £1 of Personal Allowance. If you have included the tax that you paid from your employment and you should have the Personal Allowance, please contact our helpline 72 hours after submitting the return and we can view the calculation.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.