Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 10 May 2022 12:49:53 GMT by HVD
I'm filling my Self Assement for 21-22 and I can't find where I am supposed to put this payement. It's taxable but I don't pay NI contributions towards the payment. I can see where it goes on the paper form but I don't seem to have the same question/option in any of the sections I'm filling in online. Can anyone advise please? Thanks
Posted Wed, 11 May 2022 11:52:23 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

This should be included in the Any other business income box on the Self-Employment section.

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 13 May 2022 09:13:02 GMT by HVD
Thank you, I have found the relevent boxes. Will whoever does my return know this particular payment isn't to be included in my National Insurance contributions? Many Thanks
Posted Fri, 13 May 2022 16:02:50 GMT by HMRC Admin 20

I have just double checked regarding not being due to pay class 4 NICs on this, and on the first section for the Self-Employment page, you need to tick the box for 'I wish to make an adjustment to my profits chargeable to class 4 NICs'.
Once you have done this, on the Class 4 NICs page under the box 'Adjustment to profits chargeable to class 4 NICs' you should enter the amount for the support payment.

Thank you.


You must be signed in to post in this forum.