Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 11 Apr 2022 10:52:22 GMT by AdaTe
Hi. I called up HMRC last week after I received a big red ERROR box due to a mismatch in SEISS figures (down to a fault on the SA system). There are other posts on here to the same effect. I was told it would be fixed by today but I'm still getting the red box. Can you give any indication of when this will be fixed please? I'm reluctant to submit my return until it's working as I received a SEISS grant in the 21/22 year as well. Thanks.
Posted Mon, 11 Apr 2022 13:17:27 GMT by davedee39
I contacted HMRC last week after I received a big red ERROR box due to a mismatch in SEISS figures. The amount of the SEISS grant was the 20-21 figure ( 3 grants) and should have been 21-22 figure( 1 grant in my case). Then person I spoke to ( Alexa?) confirmed that I was correct, that it was a problem with the system and told me it should be fixed by today but I'm still getting the red box. Please can you contact me to advise when this will be resolved? I'm reluctant to submit my return until it's working properly. Thanks.
Posted Wed, 13 Apr 2022 15:58:55 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi davedee39,

It has come to light that the fix implemented did not work if you had started to complete your tax return but did not submit your tax return to HMRC before the the fix was made to our software.

We have now received new guidance you can follow to fully submit your 2021 to 2022 tax return to us if you are still receiving the error message.  

Option 1 - You can continue to complete and submit the return with the SEISS grant figure you received during the year ending 5 April 2022, ignoring the SEISS warning message. When the return is processed by HMRC the correct SEISS grant figure will be included within your Self Assessment tax calculation. You can view your 2021 to 2022 tax calculation online 72 hours after submission of your tax return to confirm.

Option 2 - If you do not want to proceed with the completion and submission of your 2021 to 2022 tax return while this warning message is showing you will need to delete your entire 2021 to 2022 tax return and start again. In this option the correct SEISS Grant amounts will be shown. 

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 13 Apr 2022 17:35:51 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi AdaTe,

It has come to light that the fix implemented did not work if you had started to complete your tax return but did not submit your tax return to HMRC before the the fix was made to our software. We have now received new guidance you can follow to fully submit your 2021 to 2022 tax return to us if you are still receiving the error message. Option 1 – You can continue to complete and submit the return with the SEISS grant figure you received during the year ending 5 April 2022, ignoring the SEISS warning message. When the return is processed by HMRC the correct SEISS Grant figure will be included within your Self-Assessment tax calculation. You can view your 2021 to 2022 tax calculation online 72 hours after submission of your tax return to confirm.
Option 2 – If you do not want to proceed with the completion and submission of your 2021 to 2022 tax return while this warning message is showing you will need to delete your entire 2021 to 2022 tax return and start again. In this option the correct SEISS Grant amounts will be shown. 

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.