Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 07 Jul 2022 19:22:15 GMT by G K
I'm a non-resident landlord trying to use one of the Commemrcial Self Assessment softwares approved by HMRC. The software requires me to have an account with HMRC to submit my Self Assessment, but I am unable to create an HMRC account because I encounter verification issues when submitting my details (UTR, NIN, name, date of birth and postcode) I do not have an NIN (submitted as blank) and a UK postcode (cannot be submitted blank). As such, my request to create an account is blocked. How can I create an account so that I can proceed with submission?
Posted Tue, 12 Jul 2022 09:51:36 GMT by G K
I can't use DTaxFiler (one of the Commercial Self Assessment softwares approved by HMRC) without creating an HMRC account. Is there a way for non-residents to create an HMRC Self Assessment account for Individuals?
Posted Tue, 12 Jul 2022 09:53:13 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

If you are unable to verify you will not be able to submit the return online.

It would need to be a paper submission.

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 13 Jul 2022 05:36:36 GMT by G K
It is attempting to verify a postcode even though I haven't stayed in UK as a tax resident before. Is there a default postcode that I am registered under or is this a bug?
Posted Wed, 13 Jul 2022 10:45:03 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

If you are not able to verify for the individual account, you will not be able to file online.

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 15 Jul 2022 10:04:18 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi G K,

If it is asking for a post code and you do not have one on our system, you can use the 'problem with this page' link to report this to our digital support team.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.