Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 08 Oct 2022 11:39:40 GMT by J Chan
Hi, I received rental income from HK and paid HK property tax, how should I apply for the HK/UK double tax treament when I submit my UK tax return? Thank you.
Posted Thu, 13 Oct 2022 13:59:48 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi J Chan,

There is a foreign income supplementary page SA106.  Page F4 allows you to enter a Summary of income from land and property abroad (in pounds Sterling).  
If you have paid tax on this income in another country, you would declare the tax paid and claim a foreign tax credit relief, provided there is a double taxation agreement with the UK and the other country.
You can find the official exchange rates at HMRC exchange rates for 2022: monthly.  
You are free to use any of the 3 official rates that are available.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.