Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 28 Dec 2023 11:14:36 GMT by
Hi, How can I get help if I think my balancing payment for a self-assessment return is incorrect? What if I made a payment on tax owed prior to completing a self assessment return to pay back high income child benefit charge? I don't think this payment I made is being considered in the balancing payment, resulting in me paying twice! Is there an area on the self-assessment I return where I need to include any additional payments made prior to completing the assessment? Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
Posted Tue, 09 Jan 2024 09:41:48 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

We can help you review your Self Assessment return and the balancing payment that has been requested, as well as confirm all payments made so far and your overall Self Assessment balance.
Just contact us by webchat or phone via Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.