Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 19 Apr 2022 11:55:55 GMT by Joe Gale
Hi there - i'm getting this message while trying to complete my self assessment: "IMPORTANT: Self-Employment Income Support Scheme Grant (SEISS) The total of the amounts related to SEISS grants reported in this return (£2598.00) does not match that held by HMRC (£4687.00) at 06/04/2022. •Please go back and amend the SEISS amounts to accurately reflect the grants you received. •If you don't, you could receive a revised tax calculation after HMRC has processed your return, which may cause confusion and take you time to clarify. " These amouts are wrong - the 4867 is the amount for the first three grants that I included on my return for the previous tax year - the 2598 amount is the correct amount for grants 4 and 5 which i should be including on this tax return. What should I do? do i continue with the amounts I know are right? i don't really want another tax calculation that "may cause confusion" thanks
Posted Tue, 19 Apr 2022 13:17:42 GMT by davedee39
Hi, I am having a similar problem and have posted accordingly. When I spoke to HMRC a couple of weeks ago they told me they were trying to resolve this but we are still no further on.
Posted Thu, 21 Apr 2022 07:54:34 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi davedee39,

The system will still try and show 20/21 SEISS figures if you have tried to file the return before our fix was implemented.
If you submit the return with the correct figures the return will not be amended to the incorrect figure.

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 21 Apr 2022 09:57:04 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Joe Gale,

We can confirm if you had started to complete your tax return before the SEISS grant fix was made to our software on 6 April 2022 the wrong SEISS grant will be shown in the message you received because the fix did not work in these circumstances.
We can advise you that you can continue to complete and submit your tax return with the SEISS grant figure you received during the year ending 5 April 2022, ignoring the SEISS warning message.
When your tax return is processed by HMRC the correct SEISS grant received in the tax year 2021 to 2022 will be included within your Self-Assessment tax calculation. You can view your 2021 to 2022 tax calculation online 72 hours after submission of your tax return to confirm.
You have told us you do not want another tax calculation that may cause confusion if you do not want to follow the guidance given above we can advise you that you will need to delete your entire 2021 to 2022 tax return and start again.
If you delete your entire tax return and start again the correct SEISS grant received in the tax year 2021 to 2022 will be shown.
Please contact the SA helpline on 0300 200 3310 if you have any problems once you fully submit your tax return and you have followed the guidance above.

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.