Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 20 May 2022 10:05:18 GMT by YY@2022
Hello, I know that tax year starts from 06 Apr 2021 to 05 Apr2022. I was first entering to the UK on 6 July until now, I become a tax resident, I want to ask if I need to report the income earnings before entering UK from 06 Apr 2021 - 06 July 2021? I know I must include the income I earn in the UK. For example , income earnings (6 Apr - 6 Jul/2021): USD 7,000 (in USA) Then, I enter in the UK on 6 Jul , and start from 7Jul 2021 to 05 Apr 2022 , I have income earnings GBP 17,000. So I should just report GBP 17,000 ? Or USD 7000+ GBP 17,000 ? Please advise.
Posted Wed, 25 May 2022 07:32:43 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

You may have to report this income under the Foreign pages of the self assessment form unless you claim Split Year Treatment
which means you notify us of this on the form and do not declare the foreign earnings.

Please review the guidance to help make your decision :

Residence, Domicile and Remittance Basis Manual    .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.