Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 05 Jul 2022 11:38:17 GMT by hip007
Hullo! I have been putting of registering for self-assessment since i read from this forum that HMRC are planning to update the way one can register in July this year. Currently, for those of us who do not satisfy the conditions for online registrations (uk passport ,driving license,etc), the only options available are 1) print out the physical form,send it to the HMRC and wait for UTR by post or 2) contact helpdesk by phone once the above has been completed and equipped with the UTR , we can fill in a self-assessment form by hand and send by post. I was wondering if there was any news regarding the supposed updates to the registration process online. Will us non-uk passportholders that do not satisfy the conditions for online registration finally be able to do everything online after the update? Thank you!
Posted Wed, 06 Jul 2022 10:49:05 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

The changes have now been made, and the option to use UK DVLA information was added to the verification process.

If you are still unable to verify you will need to complete the paper tax return.

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 06 Jul 2022 11:23:19 GMT by hip007
oh that's all ?...so i still need to use paper forms.... :-(
Posted Wed, 06 Jul 2022 13:07:35 GMT by v.verbitski
This is reality...

You must be signed in to post in this forum.