Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 23 May 2023 18:49:02 GMT by Fred Splunge
I am employed and also receive a widow's pension. I pay PAYE on each. For the 2022/23 tax year I have earned interest on savings over my personal allowance. If I understand correctly, the establishments who I have accounts with will report interest paid to HMRC. Somewhere around July - September HMRC will contact me to advise on the amount of tax owed on the interest. Do I have any option regarding how to pay it? I believe my tax code can be amended so that it can be collected via PAYE. Do I have the option to just pay what I owe directly instead? Thank you.
Posted Fri, 26 May 2023 09:36:07 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Emma Cork,

You will have this option when the calculation advising of any amount due is issued.

Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.