Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 04 Feb 2022 16:18:43 GMT by Seejuu
Trying to claim a repayment due from Self Assessment. Of the four options given to check ID I ticked: UK passport :You need a valid UK passport Self Assessment : You need details from your recent Self Assessment returns. The first question I was asked was the date and amount I paid TO the HMRC, It added: These must be the details of a payment made to HMRC, not information from a Self Assessment return. WHY? This is not on my SA Return, WHY? When HMRC has repaid me for years so I do not have such information. WHAT DO I DO? I've no info about my credit rating and I don't have a NI driving licence. I have an English one.
Posted Tue, 08 Feb 2022 08:40:38 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

There have been changes regarding verification for online claims, and when using some services on the account you may be asked to verify further.

If you are unable to request the repayment online you will need to contact our Self Assessment team:

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 11 Feb 2022 12:32:45 GMT by Seejuu
Thank you for your answer to WHY? This is not on my SA Return. I appreciate the need for verification. However I doubt anyone can recall off the top of your head when and how much you paid to the HMRC. Please could there be a forewarning that the information would be needed and where it might be found?
Posted Mon, 14 Feb 2022 10:42:51 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

Information regarding these changes are not published.

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 14 Feb 2022 11:50:43 GMT by Seejuu
I regret to say that does not address the first part of my second question: Please could there be a forewarning that the information would be needed? I consider the matter now closed and will raise it elsewhere. Bye.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.