Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 05 Dec 2021 18:23:21 GMT by Ed G
In addition to regular employment taxed through PAYE, how would one declare a one off freelance contract to the value of £6k. Is it necessary to go through the rigamorole of treating as received through sole trader status (where the only entry is the income received), or is it possible to enter under Any Other Income "Other UK income 07 - Any Other Income" on the Other Income page. If it is necessary to enter through sole trader does that mean entering self assessment returns in subsequent years, ad infinitum, even if, as anticipated, this is a one off contract.
Posted Mon, 06 Dec 2021 14:19:17 GMT by HMRC Admin 10

If this was a one off and not a continuing trade then this can be reported as other UK taxable income as you have stated.

Guidance on what is classed as self employed can be found here:

Working for yourself



You must be signed in to post in this forum.