Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 08 Mar 2023 15:33:34 GMT by siufai6 Siu
Hello, In Feb I registered for self-assessment using SA1 form to report on my CGT on shares. I already have received a URT. Recently I started doing freelance work for a foreign company and the income will be more than 1000 pounds. I saw on HMRC website that I should register as a sole trader. In this case, can I use the same URT for self-assessment as a sole trader? if not, do I need to register for self-assessment again (using a different form?). Thanks. Kind Regards, Fai
Posted Fri, 10 Mar 2023 14:08:18 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
You will use the same UTR number and will need to complete a CWF1 form to register as Self-Employed.
Register for Self Assessment

You must be signed in to post in this forum.