Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 29 Oct 2023 19:14:29 GMT by Melanie B Wales
I work part-time in the UK for a foreign learning institute as a local volunteer but am paid in pounds through a remittance sent from overseas to my UK bank account. I teach UK learners in the UK - I am assuming that I need to file a self-assessment for foreign income? Is this correct? thank you.
Posted Tue, 31 Oct 2023 14:52:45 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Yes.  The main tax return (SA100) should be completed along with all supplementary pages,
eg Sa102 (Employment) SA103 (self employment) SA106 (Foreign) . 

If your overseas income is from employment, this should also be shown on SA102 . 

If it is self-employment, it should also be shown on SA103 .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.