Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 24 Jan 2022 14:40:00 GMT by pawel
Hello, Both with my partner we have filled in our self assessments for 20/21 now. Both of us declared Child Benefit and we both got charged for it. I understand that only one of us should pay - person who earned more in that year. But how to avoid paying twice? Can the person who earned less simply not declare Child benefit in Self Assessment? There is no guidance I could see to skip this field in case someone else has declared it. Thanks! P
Posted Tue, 25 Jan 2022 15:11:04 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

The person earning less should not declare the child benefit.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.