Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 04 Oct 2022 23:41:17 GMT by Lai Yee Leung
I moved to UK in July 2021. From July to Nov 2021, I had an overseas income from Hong Kong, the total amount is around £400 and the company transferred the income to my Hong Kong bank account. For my case, do I need to register self assessment tax return? If yes, which form I need to fill in?
Posted Fri, 07 Oct 2022 14:46:12 GMT by HMRC Admin 28

If the income in question is for a salary for work undertaken whilst you were in Hong Kong then no. If it is anything else, yes you need to declare this.

To register, if applicable. You can find guidance here:

Register for Self Assessment

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.